The Aims of UK NEQAS for Immunology, Immunochemistry and Allergy are to provide a clinically relevant & responsive service.
We aim to maintain and improve skills in quality assurance in clinical diagnostic laboratories for the benefit of patients.
We do this by:
- Testing and implementing proficiency in technical & clinical interpretation through education activities (iEQA, Annual reports, Participant meetings, Conventions)
- Provide its participants with an objective assessment of their performance both within their laboratory and in relation to that of other laboratories
- Provide information on the relative performance of the available kits and methods
- Identify factors associated with good and poor performance
- Monitor and improve the between-laboratory agreement by education