UK NEQAS IIA is committed to providing its participants with the opportunity to take part in interactive educational training events. Out EQA-based training programmes are promoted to participants globally and provide an opportunity for interaction and networking, with the aim of promoting best practice in all areas of immunology, immunochemistry and allergy. These events also allow us to share news of upcoming developments and encourage participant feedback to help us to continually improve our service.
For information about all upcoming events please see our events diary.
Quality Assurance Masterclass
A one day workshop aimed at all medical laboratory staff wishing to assess their proficiency in practically based quality assurance.
Key learning topics:
- Effective and efficient investigation of non-conformity and root cause analysis
- Effective IQC and monitoring - how to detect problems and make the best of your processes
- Effective use of EQA to improve your laboratory practice
- Troubleshooting IQC & EQA from a laboratory's perspective
- Technical validation of diagnostic tests and evaluating new methodologies
- How to interpret EQA reports and identify performance issues
- Actively participate in real time proficiency testing, focussing on practical skills
- Provides new staff with laboratory troubleshooting skills and reinforces knowledge of existing staff
- Utilising computer base practical workshops, discussions & presentations
- Tutorial based structured learning
- Led by senior members of the profession
The UK NEQAS Immunology, Immunochemistry & Allergy Participants' Meeting is held annually in June at Sheffield Hallam University. The event is a one day meeting to attract as many participants as possible and is approved by the IBMS and RCPath for CPD purposes.
The event incorporates a scientific programme and trade fair. Details of the scientific programme will be published in advance of the event and will reflect the repertoire of UK NEQAS Immunology, Immunochemistry & Allergy Schemes.